Emergent operative technologies and surgical approaches have transformed today?s otolaryngology-head and neck surgery, and the 3rd Edition of Operative Otolaryngology brings you up to date with all that?s new in the field. You?ll find detailed, superbly illustrated guidance on all of the endoscopic, microscopic, laser, surgically-implantable, radio-surgical, neurophysiological monitoring, and MR- and CT-imaging technological advances that now define contemporary operative OHNS ? all in one comprehensive, two-volume reference.
- Covers everything from why a procedure should be performed to the latest surgical techniques to post-operative management and outcomes ? from experts in otolaryngology, plastic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, neurological surgery, and ophthalmology.
- Features a newly streamlined, templated chapter format that makes information easier to access quickly.
- Combines all pediatric procedures into one comprehensive section for quick reference.
- Offers expanded coverage of endoscopic techniques for cranial base surgery, plus information on the latest endoscopic cancer techniques including robotic surgery, minimally invasive thyroid surgery, and new techniques for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea including implantable nerve stimulators.
- Contains state-of-the-art guidance on the ear/temporal bone/skull base, including fully- and semi-implantable auditory implants, vestibular implants, imaging advances, radiosurgical treatment of posterior fossa and skull base neoplasms, intraoperative monitoring of cranial nerve and CNS function, minimally-invasive surgical approaches to the entire skull base, vertigo and postural disequilibrium, and much more.